Friday, February 6, 2009

a lot of love to give



I have a big heart.

No, I'm not bragging about how compassionate I am. I really do have a really big heart.

Can you die from a big heart? No idea, but I do know my doctor is nervous. Apparently my aorta is enlarged. Normally I go in and get an echo cardiogram once every 2-3 years. I went in today for my routine test.

Everything else looks good. The old problems are still there, but haven't gotten worse. But for some reason my aorta is large. Now the doctor wants me to come back in six months for another test.

Oh joy.

6 comments:

Caprene said...

At least you didn't mention anything about your doctor want to put you on a new really expensive name brand drug to help your aorta. =0)

Batman Forever said...

Don't you just love getting the echo done. So boring. Sorry about the bad news. Time to hit the gym and get healthy so you can thumb your nose at the doctor.

Brandon and Becca said...

Are they doing anything besides testing you to let you know you have a big heart? It seems like if your doc is concerned he should try to remedy the situation, not just look at it. I'm glad everything else looked okay.

L and T said...

leigh - good girl, posting

amelia said...

!!!

Leigh! I hope you will be OK.

Andreas V said...

oh man, I had no idea. I hope everything's fine. I wonder where you got that from. Couldn't have been from Andrew! You are more of an Andrus than Betsy and I. Maybe it's from their side? Sucks you have to go into the doctor so often.