Thursday, December 11, 2008

job perks

Today I met a Broadway star, and a television star.

Pretty good day, I must say.


And not only that, we all had a full on conversation. Grandpa Gilmore (Edward Herrmann) chatted about the fact that his on-air daughter would soon be starring on Broadway as Adelaid in the new revival of Guys and Dolls. And the amazingly talented Brian Stokes Mitchell joked that Deseret Book should distribute the DVD of Ragtime (I complained that I never got to see him on stage in that show).

Tony Award winner Brian Stokes Mitchell is in town as the featured artist in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert. Ed Herrmann is the narrator. I was lucky enough to go to a VIP reception this afternoon with my colleagues, and had the chance to meet these fine fellows. We chatted, snapped a few photos, and Stokes (as the choir guys tell me he likes to be called) even signed a few things my friend Arron sent along to have autographed (he was flattered I had a Playbill from his concert at Carnegie Hall).

Tomorrow night (Friday) I'm going to the concert with a few friends, and then working the CD signing in our store after. Then on Saturday, Arron is flying all the way from Washington, D.C. to go to the concert with me. A few friends went and saw it tonight and said it was amazing. I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a clip of Brian Stokes Mitchell's concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir back in September:

3 comments:

Jacks said...

Are you serious??? I'm completely in love. OK - voice amazing. But when I saw him with MOTAB in Sept, he stole the show. And how can one person fill a room that huge with so much charm and personality? Hi smile alone could knock you down if too close.

Lucky you. And we left saying - they have to get Stokes to sing with the MOTAB some Christmas. And then they did.

We got tickets for Sat - but gave them to friends because I'm taking my YW to the Nutcracker. Way to make me hate the nutcracker.

M said...

"I am a cow, red and brown..." "Round like a cookie...Say 'Moon!'" I love it. You're so important. What a fun thing for you!

amelia said...

We went to the concert Saturday - AMAZING. DBook must hook you up with awesome seats, wish we ran into each other - I miss you Leigh!