Sunday, August 2, 2009

freedom?

Like clockwork, I woke up at 8:45 this morning thinking I needed to get ready for church. Only this day I didn't have to. I don't have to go to morning leadership meetings anymore. I don't have to be at church until 1 p.m.

I didn't even set an alarm. I wanted to sleep as long as possible, unsure of what to do with all this new found free time on a Sabbath morning. In fact, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all my free time every other day of the week as well.

Who would have thought this transition would be so rough?

3 comments:

mom said...

It is a hard transition. Being a Relief Society president is such a big commitment that it takes a huge chunk from your life once the time has ended. I am sure you will find new pursuits but it is nice that you have learned so much this past year. I am sure that your new interests will include more service than before. What a great lesson learned. It made such a difference for Betsy and I and certainly has for you.

emi. said...

love you!

WendyL said...

Your version of Post-Partum.
Good luck.