Thursday, March 27, 2008

mccain in the beehive state

John McCain, the likely Republican nominee for president, was in Utah on Thursday peddling for campaign cash. Utah's favorite son Mitt Romney was also in tow.

No, I didn't get to meet any of these national political figures. I stood outside, in the freezing cold, with about 15 protesters hoping to catch a glimpse of McCain driving by.



Of course, he took a side entrance and avoided us. So instead, I interviewed a few of the protesters for tomorrow's paper and quickly headed to 7-11 for a hot chocolate. Seriously, it was 60 and warm yesterday and the day I have to spend hours outside it snows and is like 30 degrees out. Awesome.

3 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Were any of our family protesting? A little family reunion?

Brandon and Becca said...

Sad day you stood out there and didn't even get to see anyone fun. You need to act more like the paparazzi and get in there.

amelia said...

...so the week I go to Arizona, McCain goes to Utah? Glad I missed him :)

And congrats on the new beat girl!