Wednesday, June 10, 2009

grateful


It's amazing how much a little note or personal e-mail can change someone's day. I've been an extremely lucky girl the past week or so. Despite some frustrating days at work and the stress of not sleeping in my bed for a week now, I've been lucky enough to be lifted up by several friends, both publicly and anonymously. First it was a plate of cookies with an anonymous note the night my basement flooded. Then came several sweet e-mails from girls in my ward telling me of their love and appreciation. These folks went out of their way to express their love, and I so appreciate it. It serves as a gentle reminder to me that we all need to forget ourselves in the service of others, for the loving service rendered to me has left me truly uplifted.

1 comments:

amelia said...

Just so you know - that plate of cookies with the anonymous note? It was totally me. I'm not humble enough to let that one slide without proper recognition.