Thursday, June 11, 2009

working from home

I think I'm attempting the impossible. I am working from home today. I did sneak into the office for a few hours this afternoon, but came back to the house to keep watch as several craftsmen of all kinds work on my mess of a house. The carpet guy I can deal with. He's quietly downstairs in the stank putting the basement back together again and cleaning up the mess. It's the tile guy upstairs that makes working from home impossible.

Don't get me wrong. I'm used to working in chaos. I've penned stories in a newsroom on election night, in a full basketball arena at deadline and called in a story in the middle of a chaotic fire. But trying to type in my living room while the tile guy blasts away? Impossible.

So instead I blog. My boss is going to love that.

0 comments: