Thursday, June 4, 2009

the scariest shower ever

Would you step foot into this?

'cause I refuse!

Imagine my horror when my landlord said it should "be OK" to just shower in the nasty shower without a ceiling for the next week or so. It should "be OK" to look up and see the rotting wood. It should "be OK" if maybe some little surprise falls down from the insulation above while I'm washing my hair. It should "be OK" for it, right?

Our shower, (yes, we only have one shower at my house) has been falling apart since the day we moved in. Then after Tuesday night's floods (that should be another blog post later. For now, think rain water, wet carpets and fun) our landlord came over and finally believed us when we said the shower was bad. It's not normally a good thing when the ceiling starts caving in and tiles fall off. And its never a good sign when there is visible water damage on the walls surrounding the shower.

Come to find out our toilet upstairs has been leaking. Yes, EVERY DAY it has leaked since we moved in. The pipe was cracked. So every time we flushed the upstairs toilet, water crashed down to the bathroom below and pushed on those shower tiles with such force that they finally gave up. Poor tiles were tired.

Hopefully we'll have a new ceiling for the ghetto pink shower downstairs. And cross your fingers we have convinced the landlord to put in a shower upstairs. It should be a fun few weeks of repairs at the Hubbard house.

2 comments:

amelia said...

Yeah, there is NO WAY I would shower in there. I would be terrified a spider would fall out. Could you line it with a plastic bag? Nevermind, that would still freak me out.

Lisa/Scott said...

Never go on a mission to Bolivia my friend.