Tuesday, July 7, 2009

back to reality

Coming back to work after 9 days of heaven on a Florida beach is pure hell.

So tired.

Let me explain. I return to Utah a new woman. Well, not a new woman, but a stress-free woman. My co-workers even noted how relaxed I seem. My escape to the land of alligators (didn't see any) and sharks (had a few experiences with those) cleared any and all stresses in my life.


Then I had to fly home.

I went the cheap route, and booked a flight on Expedia. Yes, the cheap route, for $440. Good thing room and board was free. Ya see, when you go the cheap route, you get stuck with multiple stops and layovers. In short, I arrived at the airport at 6 a.m. Eastern and arrived in Utah at 8 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (that's 11 p.m. Eastern, folks). Talk about a long day of travel.

Oh and to top it all off, they lost my bag. The airline bag service called me at 2 a.m. to tell me they were waiting outside my house to deliver it back. The good news is I fell right back asleep.

Now I'm playing catch up at work, and am having a hard time getting motivated again. I finally made it through all my e-mail. Now I have a week's worth of newspapers to comb through (I read the Trib, D'News and USA Today every day in newsprint, lots of other pubs online).

I need a vacation from my vacation.

Good thing I'm off to San Diego next week :)

1 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Haha, I can soooo relate! People here said I seemed refreshed after vacation, too... but it's tough to get back into the work swing o' things. Thank goodness we're headed toward the weekend!