Wednesday, May 14, 2008

disney part deux

Part two of my three-vacation extravaganza ended last weekend. Destination: Disney World, with my friends Clint and Kelly.

First off, I haven't been to Disney World since I was a kid and I didn't remember it much. So I really was in a whole new world (cue in cheesy Aladdin music). Disney World is HUGE. Now there are four theme parks and two water parks. We didn't make it to the water parks, but managed to cover every single theme park. Needless to say, my feet were pretty tired by the end of the trip.

As always, I loved Magic Kingdom (although I really think Disneyland is better). Next on my list was Animal Kingdom. I loved the decorations, and they had some sweet rides in addition to the wildlife safari. My favorite ride was Everest. You trek up the mountain, and even travel backward for a time, all while the Yeti chases you and rips up the tracks en route. Sadly, my friends didn't understand my YETI, YETI-YETI-YETI YETI cheer from the Backyardigans.

Each park has a huge display in it: the castle at Magic Kingdom; a huge Mickey sorcerer hat at Hollywood Studios; the giant golf ball at EPCOT; and the tree of life at Animal Kingdom. The tree was amazing. The carvings were so intricate. I added a few pics of the carvings on the slide show below (in addition to LOTS of other pictures from our whole trip).

We ended the trip by driving down to Cocoa Beach. Kelly and I LOVED laying in the sand and getting a tan. And you can't beat swimming in the warm water. I've forgotten how fun it is to swim in the ocean.

The highlight of the trip actually came on the flight home. Two words: PERM MULLET.



Here's a big shout-out to Clint for inviting us to come along. He got a free trip for two for a sales recognition event at Wells Fargo. Then we all split the costs to add a third person, and it was amazingly cheap considering we all had flights, park hoppers and stayed in a resort at Walt Disney World.

Just remember, ABRACA WOW, and you have the magic within you, Clint.

3 comments:

Batman Forever said...

You never told me about the mullet. That would have been the best part of my trip too!

Brandon and Becca said...

The trip looked like a blast, but the perm-mullet is definitely the best part.

amelia said...

Holy crap, Disneyworld has changed since I went too! Yeah, I'll agree, Dland is better than Magic Kingdom.