Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a little night music

I broke my summer goal. I vowed to not go to a concert. But then I really thought about it, and it was a dumb goal. I should have been more specific. More like, "I will not go to super-expensive Tim McGraw/Faith Hill or Celine Dion concerts this year in an effort to save cash." See, I'm totally accomplishing that goal.

As I said before, I caved in on my vow for John Mayer and Colbie Caillat. It was a gorgeous night for a concert at the outdoor USANA Amphitheater.

My awesome friend and roommate Heather came with me. We had quite an interesting night, shoved between angry Mormons and funny, extremely friendly drunks. One guy kept persisting to slow dance with Heather, but she ducked his advances.

Gotta love Colbie Caillat. Her music is amazing. Stage presence, not so much. But maybe she'll get better as her career continues to explode.

I swear, half our ward was at the concert. It was fun to see so many friends scattered about. Katie, one of my favorite girls of all time, was up in the lawn seating with a bunch of girls from the ward, including my amazing new secretary Jane.

I was a little nervous for John Mayer, mainly because I don't know his new stuff as well. But that didn't matter. He was amazing on stage. His voice was perfect (and sometimes you don't get that when you go to a concert. You're like, seriously, they edit you THAT much in the studio. Seriously?) Oh and you can't help but not sit in awe of his guitar riffs. The man can play.

I'm not going to lie. I'm glad I failed at my original goal.

1 comments:

L and T said...

concert- jealous
calling- good luck, you'll be so blessed and so stressed :)