Friday, July 25, 2008

pioneer day

For those of you non-Utahns, Pioneer Day rounds these parts is HUGE. Bigger than the 4th of July. You heard me right.

I celebrated my pioneer heritage by watching fireworks light the sky to the accompaniment of Faith Hill, Lynrd Skynrd, Sugarland, Dierks Bentley, and Metro Station. And no, there was no Neil Diamond or MOTAB.

TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!

I trekked to the Salt Lake Bee's game last night night and sang as I walked and walked and walked and walked from my car to the stadium. After an awesome game, we got to go down to the outfield, put our blankets down on the grass and watch a sweet fireworks show.

The fireworks were amazing. The music, not so much. The music had no theme whatsoever. Definitely not patriotic or pioneer-esque.


Oh and meet Amy, my amazing first counselor in the relief society presidency.

1 comments:

Andreas V said...

Sounds like you had a good time. We have not been too pioneerday-spirited, unfortunately. We totally dogged the big Osmond concert they transmitted via satellite. We just couldn't sacrifice a Sunday evening!