Sunday, July 20, 2008

new calling

I'm so glad this day is finally here.

After 35 days of keeping my mouth shut, I can finally tell the world how blessed I feel that I was just sustained as the new relief society president of my ward. Words really can't describe the roller coaster I've been on since the bishop first called me in his office on June 15 to to ask me to serve.

I've been on such a spiritual journey the past few months, and know that this calling will help me progress even further. I'm so excited to serve the sisters of my ward, and feel so blessed to work with an amazing presidency who I know will do great things.

I really have no idea exactly what I'm getting into, so please share your advice if you have it.

6 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Congratulations. It will be tough, but you will grow so much. Sometimes you will be so amazed at the blessings you receive. I hope you don't have as many food orders as I had.

Choose The Wright said...

did you try to tell them you're not compassionate and you've never been to the cannery?

Meredith said...

I cannot even tell you how EXCITED I was when your name was announced yesterday. I didn't get a chance to congratulate you, so this is my very impersonal method of doing so, until I can do the real deal. I love ya, Leigh!

Angela Curtis said...

wow! i'm impressed. i know you'll be fabulous. that's just how you are.

dancingtexancowgirl said...

I love you Leigh! Just let the Holy Spirit guide!

Andreas V said...

I know you'll be great Leigh. Everything you touch turns to gold!