Saturday, November 22, 2008

NKOTB

All my elementary school fantasies came true last weekend. Not only did I get to see the New Kids on the Block in concert, but ... wait for it ... I TOUCHED Joey McIntyre. You heard me right. Touched him. It's OK to be envious. I would be if one of you got to touch him.

NKOTB is back after a terribly-long absence.



And yes, like giddy school girls, Elissa and I brought out the puffy paint and made "I LOVE JOEY" T-shirts. P.S. They were glow-in-the-dark. You know you're jealous. Random strangers wanted to take their picture with us. Pretty sweet.



And no, just because they are grown men DOES NOT mean they cannot sound like teenage boys going through puberty.

They aren't really new kids anymore. The average age of this "boy" band is 38. But you know what? That didn't matter. They are still pretty hot. The audience went nuts during the Jordan Knight-unbuttoned-white-shirt-blowing-in-the-wind-machine-while-his-washboard-abs-glisten-with-the-stage-lights move. Apparently he did that in the olds days (Elissa was lucky enough to go to the concert when she was a kid. I was relegated to the Disney Channel concert on TV at the Irby's house).

Now, if only I could see Backstreet Boys and N'Sync live in concert, all my boy bands dreams would be fulfilled.



6 comments:

Meredith said...

I hate to stir the envy pot, BUT... I couldn't resist the opportunity to relish in boy bands with you.

I saw BOTH BB and Nsync, live, in concert. In 4th grade, with my mom. And you better believe that I cried.

Even went so far as to by the navy blue Nsync bucket hat right there at the concert, and I pretty much thought I was the hottest thing on earth- unshaven, gangly legs and all.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh yes -- I have seen BSB and NSYNC in concert. Both times with my dad -- because I was in jr. high. But oh was it delicious!

Your NKOTB experience looks awesome though!!

Jacks said...

I'm envious and jealous. And would like to assert that those other boy bands (NSYNC, Backstreet - you know I'm talking to you) can't hold a candle or candle stick, or sucker, or anything to New Kids on the Block.

LOVE the puff paint. Genious.

Andreas V said...

dude, you're funny.

Cichelli said...

Nice try. I got invited to the post-concert party but couldn't stop laughing at their desperation.

You may heart Joey. But NKOTB hearted me.

Lunch?

amelia said...

WHAT!!! I am envious. Did you throw a pair of panties (er...garments) on stage?