Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the ybh girls

I write tonight mainly for three sets of eyes, none of which are my own. I write for the talented Miss M, the spider woman, and the bee.

These fine women of the yellow brick house are a breath of fresh air after a long day. Tonight, after a 10-hour day of work and another few hours doing relief society visits, I happened upon their lovely abode for a quick hello. I quickly found myself in awe of these amazing sisters who were scouring the scriptures and discussing every word of a recent general conference talk. I was overcome by the spirit, and knew I was in the right place. I ended up staying for a few hours, and engaged in a great spiritual discussion.

I'm so thankful to have friends who are great examples of faith and hope. I'm thankful that they kick me in the butt to be better. And I'm thankful that they know how to laugh and keep me grounded.

These three ladies are just a handful of amazing people the Lord has blessed me with.

3 comments:

Andreas V said...

awwwww, so sweet.

Cichelli said...

Hope you enjoyed your spiritual evening. I got molested by a New Kid.

M said...

Leigh! Don't know why it's taken me over a week to find this. Thank you. It made my day. We need to do this again. Just so you know...we'd be nothing without you! Just boring old roommates. You complete us. You had us at hello.