Friday, August 1, 2008

the lovefest continues

Yes, my devotion to all things High School Musical continues. On Wednesday I went a few of my girls to see "High School Musical: Live on Stage." I was a little hesitant, thinking nothing could match the amazingness of the Disney Channel movie, but I was proven wrong.

Yes, it was the same plot, and most of the same songs. But it was a different experience. The staging was amazing. It proved that you can have a nice set on a touring show. I was amazed that the boys in the "Getcha Head in the Game" number were able to dribble in rhythm with the band the whole time. The girl playing Gabriella had a great voice, and Troy was OK. He was a bit nasally and sometimes went into rock star voice mode. He's no Zac Efron, but really, who is?

After the show, we totally stage doored. Let me explain. Elissa's 13-year-old sister and 9-year-old cousin were at the show, and they are big HSM fans too. So I got to use their enthusiasm as my excuse to stand in the alley waiting for the actors to come out. The girls all got autographs, and the 9-year-old even got an autographed drum stick from the guy in the pit. Pretty sweet.


Please forgive the blurry cell phone pics. That red neon light says "STAGE DOOR." That crowd behind me and Elissa is surrounding the girl playing Gabriella Montez.

This guy is a new character in the stage show, Jack Scott. He's the voice of East High School, and ushered in every scene with a sweet radio voice announcer drawl. Elissa had a secret crush on him, so we made sure to get a picture.

Finally, here are pics of the girls with the actors playing Gabriella Montez and Troy Bolton.



Most of my friends went to East High, and I've always been insanely jealous. I'll have you know that my friend Jane said I am now an honorary graduate of East High School. You know you're jealous.

1 comments:

Batman Forever said...

So jealous. Sounds like a lot of fun.