Wednesday, August 6, 2008

fried

Nope, not Kentucky. But fried. As in my battery.

My car decided to up and die on me Monday night. Thank heaven it happened after I left the creepy downtown Wal-Mart at night, and waited until I was parked safely next to a street light outside my friend, Elissa's house. My two heroes, Dan and Phatty, came to the rescue and gave me a jump. I drove around for a while and then went home to bed.

I was nervous to try again Tuesday morning, and for good reason. The thing wouldn't start. Everything was dead. Even my automatic door locks wouldn't move at the command of my little clicker. At this point, nobody was around to give me a jump. Luckily my friend Meg came over to help. We both had never jumped a car before, and she was pretty nervous. Good thing I didn't remember the whole "battery exploding while Betsy jumped a car once" story until after we successfully jumped the car. That likely would have freaked Meg out. She looked scared even without the story.

Long story short, I spent a few hours at Pep Boys reading Breaking Dawn while they tinkered with my car. Now, $100 bucks later, everything is back to normal.

Oh and I have no idea how the battery died. I didn't leave any lights on or anything. I guess the battery was just tuckered out.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

I am so not superstitious, but... on our journey home from Wal-Mart that night, did I not say, "Why do we spend thousands of dollars on something that we KNOW will one day break down?"

Yikes, Leigh, I really owe you on that one.

amelia said...

Girl, I keep forgetting to check your blog since it is private and does not show up in my RSS feed. But glad your car is OK and good luck with the new calling!

Lisa/Scott said...

Glad you got that one all figured out. I hate car problems, that's on my top ten list of things I can't stand in this world.
How are you liking breaking dawn? I actually liked it though some of my other friends hated it.

dancingtexancowgirl said...

OK, I was NOT SCARED!!!! I was slightly nervous, because I didn't want you to be electrocuted to death, but I was NOT SCARED! Sheesh! It's just a good thing we didn't listen to the way Michael explians how to do it on The Office when he's making a video for his future son!:)

Leigh said...

"To jump start a car, first pop the hood. Then you take these bad boys and clip them anywhere on the engine. Then you take these and clip them wherever." Michael Scott