Thursday, August 14, 2008

sisters

Forgive my lack of blog postings lately. I have a lot to blog about, but unfortunately all the pictures are on other peoples' cameras and I'm waiting for them to send them (so send them already folks!)

So I'll make due with what I have -- an old picture of the Dethman sisters. I flew home last weekend to see Amy, who lives in Denmark and makes rare appearances here in the states.

It was a jam-packed weekend, with rehearsals, my first trip through the LDS temple to receive my endowment, and culminating with an amazing fireside on the Prophet Joseph Smith. I'll blog more about my temple trip later.

Amy and her husband, Andreas, put together a whole fireside honoring Joseph Smith. They wrote the narration, put together a multimedia presentation of pictures, and then selected songs to tie everything together. It was amazing. I had a hard time keeping my emotions in check as my brother, Mike, sang out the first line to one song: "The spirit of God like a fire is burning. The latter-day glory begins to come forth."

Amy conducted the choir, and the whole family (minus Andrew) participated. It was really neat. Then, I sang a trio of "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" with Betsy and Amy. It was fun to sing with all of them. Our voices seem to blend so well together. Must be that family gene. I remember the days when I would be annoyed that mom always made us sing together at church, but now I love it. It's so fun being all together up there.

3 comments:

L and T said...

what cute sisters! you look fab leigh, can't wait to see you

Batman Forever said...

I'm not too cute in this pic. I'm cuter now.

Andreas V said...

Thanks Leigh! It was a nice evening with everyone singing. Too bad you couldn't stay longer. We had a nice visit.

When are you coming to visit Denmark? Got to do it while you can, right?