Thursday, August 14, 2008

temple trip

Isn't the Portland LDS temple beautiful? I remember going through the open house when it first opened in 1989. I was 7 years old and just a month or two away from my baptism. I remember putting on the little white booties, so we didn't get the pretty new carpets dirty. I remember how amazing the celestial room was, so white. So light. The image of the grand staircase seemed like a stairway to heaven.

My memories were accurate. The temple is just as beautiful as it was in my 7-year-old eyes.

I went through the temple Aug. 9 to receive my endowment. My family was there to support me, including my grandma, aunt, uncle and a few cousins from Washington. It was fitting to have them all there, since the whole point of this life is to live worthy enough to be with our families in heaven forever.

The temple trip was the highlight of an amazing, busy weekend with my family.

5 comments:

Paula-Adam said...

That's awesome! Congrats!!

Lisa/Scott said...

Congratulations! You looked really nice in your purple dress by the way.

WendyL said...

Totally proud of you...but more importantly, because you're wearing a DRESS!

Batman Forever said...

I agree with Wendy!

Andreas V said...

Yeah, cute picture of you! It's pretty good of everyone actually. I'll have to steal that one.