Wednesday, September 17, 2008

defection

Some of you have been asking me how my superiors at the D'News have been taking my pending departure.

Here's from an all-staff e-mail from a boss:

"Friends of City Desk...Just to let you know that (Mr. Cool New Unnamed on Leigh's Blog Guy) has agreed to join us full time in the wake of Leigh Dethman’s defection to God’s Bookstore, where she will be undertaking the Devil’s mission of publicity."

Ah yes, I'm on a mission. The Devil's mission of publicity.


I'm sure going to miss the witty banter of reporters and editors.

In all reality, everyone has been really nice. It's been a hard week saying goodbye to sources, and I'm sure Friday will be rough saying goodbye to everyone else. At least I'll only be working a block away.

3 comments:

Caprene said...

For real? Is that really what he emailed? Wow!

Leigh said...

Yeah but you have to know how he is. It's totally a joke. I loved it.

Cichelli said...

Well, does it count as the devil's work if it's for god's bookstore? Because I thought they were on different teams...

You'll love the devil's work. It pays better. :)