Thursday, September 4, 2008

diet coke

I've decided to give up Diet Coke. Call it a crazy "I'm 27 now and need a goal" type of move. I drink way too much of it, anyway. I don't need all that caffeine in my body. And I know I don't drink enough water.

Diet Coke and I have a long history. The story goes that "Coke" was one of my first words (that, along with "fries" and "shub-up, Bossy" were all early vocabulary staples as a young child). Blame my mother. I swear, we would go to the drive through every day to get a Diet Coke.

Sadly the rest of my family has moved onto Diet Pepsi. I have yet to understand this phenomenon. It doesn't taste better. It just makes me burp more. Betsy gave up the drink last year, and is off and on, so props to her. My goal is to not drink a drop of Diet cola of any kind all year. Rough, I know.

So farewell, Diet Coke. You truly are the nectar of the Gods.

3 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Such loft goals. Good luck. It is hard to do.

Em said...

Um, this doesn't sound like a good idea.... I'm really worried.

Maybe you can just grab the occasional one socially?

(I'm actually on a taper right now, myself.)

L and T said...

How's it going Leigh? Do you feel different? You should have a jar of $ you would've spent on diet coke, and add it to your va-cay
$