Monday, June 2, 2008

on the road again

I seem to have a goal of going out of town every weekend.

I kept the vacation train rolling along by going up to my friend's cabin in Wyoming for the weekend with some folks for the ward. It was gorgeous weather, clear skies but a little chilly. Perfect for a nice weekend.



I did a little reading (I'm now on the 6th book of the Chronicles of Narnia) ...



played a lot of cards (hearts, 31, speed, etc.) ...



sat around the campfire telling stories and avoiding craziness "would you rather" questions ...



and handled a chainsaw for the first time. Pretty cool. Raw power, in my hands. Amazingly enough, nobody got hurt.

So far I have no plans to leave the state for the weekend, but I'm open to offers to achieve my goal.

2 comments:

Batman Forever said...

You may need to come visit me? Come on Leigh. Do it.

Lisa/Scott said...

Nothing like a good camping trip! Someone told me that it tastes really good to roast twinkies over the fire just like marshmallows and since then I've been craving a camping trip just so I can try it.