Monday, January 21, 2008

m.i.a.

HAVE YOU SEEN ME?


My friend's microwave went M.I.A. on Sunday night.

Word on the street is a former roommate came into the house while they were out of town, stole the microwave and then booked it to ward prayer.

The girls filed a theft report:



The men in blue couldn't get over the fact that the girl allegedly took the microwave and then went to ward prayer.

"I'm still trying to get over the whole ward prayer thing," Officer Curdie said. "Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. I just ..."

"So she came in, stole the microwave and said a couple of Hail Mary's?" Curdie's partner said.



This night ... priceless.

6 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

LOL -- that makes me want to be a cops reporter again. I know you were enjoying every minute. Mormon crimes make me giggle -- there's always a funny element. Here all we get is random stabbings -- and they are never weird.

Batman Forever said...

She's gonna need a lot of prayers. That is a low blow, taking the microwave. Why couldn't it be the toaster?

Cichelli said...

Did this come up on the police scanner at work?

And how did the former roommate get in? Don't they lock their doors when they go out of town? Or did they not make her give back the key?

PS -- the hat your friend is wearing is adorable.

amelia said...

WHO STEALS A MICROWAVE?! That is so funny - you never clarified though, was this hers to begin with or anything or just a random stealing?

(Why am I not surprised that you wrote this as a story...)

Lisa/Scott said...

4 years ago nobody in my apartment got along with my roommate so she left...and she stole my shower curtain. I didn't file a police report though. I did, however, leave a message on her phone and told her she was a moron. She also racked up a bad phone bill she didn't pay for either, so we held her skirt for ransom (she accidentally left it) until she paid up. If she would have tried to take the microwave that would have been the last straw! My condolences.

Unknown said...

yep....i bet they track that down....