Friday, January 18, 2008

voices in my head

I'm on the night shift tonight. While my friends are gallivanting around the state, I'm stuck at a desk until 1 a.m. listening to the police scanners.



The paper bought a slew of new scanners recently, to make sure we don't miss a thing. I think all the extra noise is making me miss more. There are too many voices in my head now, and I have a head ache.

So far, I've heard a call about a mom in an argument with her son because he wouldn't turn the TV off and a rollover accident on the freeway. Oh and some guy just got busted by the police at the Utah Jazz game and is being transported to the county jail. Exciting news, huh. Just what you want to read in your newspaper.

To pass the time, I'm reading a riveting issue of Sports Illustrated.



If you pick up a copy, there is a fascinating story about a dad who forced his kid to take steroids. It's called "Sins of a Father." The other one I can't put down is "The Life and Times of Rick Majerus." He's the lightning-rod former coach of the University of Utah. Ch-check it out.

Although I have enjoyed reading the articles thus far, I am still mourning the loss of Rick Reilly at SI. I used to flip right to the page before the back cover to read Reilly's column before checking out anything else in the issue. Now, I find the columns on that page rather boring.

Thanks for entertaining me on the night shift. Only 4 more hours to go!

7 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Sorry you are so bored. You definitely sound bored. We're not. We're watching Nick Jr. You must be so jealous. Hang in there.

Leigh said...

what happened to the hot date?

Batman Forever said...

It was a great date, but now I'm back. Good food. Yummy.

Batman Forever said...

Hey, I put a new picture for my last post. What do you think?

Brandon and Becca said...

If your still bored and jealous of Betsy, you could play games on Nickjr.com. It's Evan's favorite thing to do. Apparently I need to start calling the cops when Evan won't turn off the tv.

amelia said...

Leigh, is all your blogging done at work :)

And I will second the Rick Riley loss - GJ gets Sports Illustrated and his column was the only thing I cared about reading.

Cichelli said...

Are we doing atonement this week?