Monday, January 21, 2008

snow blows

Don't ever make a comment about how the snow is finally melting off the front lawn. It will come back to haunt you.

Thanks Kelly.



Yes, a day after my roommate made said comment, we woke up to about eight inches of snow. And after I left, it was still coming down.

Needless to say, I was unprepared when I walked out the door this morning. I thought it was another dry, cold day. I was in my suit and nice boots, and soon was covered in snow. I ran inside to grab my snow boots, and ended up rolling up my suit paints and went outside to spend 30 minutes cleaning off the driveway.

Anyone want to buy me a snow blower?

For all you idiots out there, this is how you shovel snow.

And here's the scoop on snow shoveling safety. My favorite line is: "The good news is that 15 minutes of snow shoveling counts as moderate physical activity according to the 1996 Surgeon General's Report on Physical Activity and Health." Looks like I don't need to go to the gym today.

ADDENDUM:

When I returned home from work today, I had to shovel AGAIN! Annoyed. Check out how high that pile on the side by my car is!



And this is a table in my friend's backyard. Seriously. This is just from today.

3 comments:

Arron said...

Are you still complaining???
At least I don't have to shovel snow in NY just walk/trudge through it.... I don't know which is worse?

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Ick, Ick, Ick. I hate snow. I think it's stupid. It drives me crazy. Sure the first snow is always cute -- but the 10th snow is not. I know we'll end up in Utah someday -- and I just hope I get over it by then.

Lisa/Scott said...

Hope your shoulder was okay. That's one of the crappy things about living in Utah...the snow never seems to go away, and by the time it actually does it's too hot to enjoy it.