Saturday, April 26, 2008

disneyland

I survived five days in Disneyland.

Normally I wouldn't say that. I love the place. To me, it really is the happiest place on earth. But the trick started off EXTREMELY rocky when I came down with a terrible stomach bug. I spent a miserable five hours at the airport Monday morning waiting for the family to fly in. I didn't want to be a party pooper, so I went along to Disneyland with them that night. I was careful and didn't go on any rides. I waited outside while they went on quite a few of them. But I couldn't keep away from the Matterhorn.

Bad move. The ride made me miserable. Betsy said I was green after. I was shivering and feverish. Oh joy. Mom and Dad took me back to the hotel, and the Batman fam stayed behind.

We ditched the chillins' on Wednesday night. Well, my parents took them, and me, Betsy and Andrew stayed behind and went on a few adult rides. We stayed at California Adventure and went on the crazy rides there. We loved California Screamin' and the Hollywood Tower of Terror.



Going to Disneyland with kids made going to the park a completely different experience for me. I normally just walk straight to rides, or shop around and such. But this time, we made sure to stop and visit every character. We met the Fairy Godmother, Donald Duck, Captain Hook, Goofy, Gepeto, Minne Mouse and Mickey Mouse just to name a few. I felt like a little kid. I loved watching Pluto try to sign the kids' autograph books. He put the book up on his nose and signed with his paw. Very cute.

Peter Pan was probably the weirdest encounter with a character. He made us chase him around the park. All of a sudden, he's like "Follow me," so the kids race off with him. Then I followed. He would be still for a few seconds, then take off again. Finally, after he signed all the kids books, I asked if he could sit still long enough for a picture. I can't believe he did it.



We had another interesting encounter with Goofy, but check out my sister's blog for details on that.

It was a great trip. I can't believe I'm going to Disneyworld in a little more than a week. Talk about a lot of Disney all at once. But I LOVE IT.

4 comments:

amelia said...

Growing up in SoCal, I can attest - Disneyland for sure does get boring. I can't believe you are going to Disneyworld in a week! Disneyworld is fun! A good change from Disneyland.

Batman Forever said...

Love the slide show. Good way to show off out trip.

Lisa/Scott said...

Sorry about the stomach bug. There's been a pretty nasty 24 hour flu that most of my friends have been catching, and since I'm pregnant and sickness during pregnancy is pure hell, I've been hiding out until it passes a lot of the time. I love Disneyland, but I want to go more than ever now that I have kids to share it with.

Andreas V said...

Fun slide show! I'm glad you weren't sick too long. That must have sucked. Have fun in Disneyworld!