Thursday, April 3, 2008

ready for greatness

Yes, even if the Lord doesn't me call me to be a stake relief society president, I'm ready. My mom got into town last night to go to a stake relief society training meeting with the General Relief Society Presidency. Now, Mom didn't want to be alone, so she guilted me into getting into a dress and tagging along.

It was a two-hour training session in the Tabernacle, and I actually enjoyed myself. Yes, none of the information applied to me nor will apply to me any time in the near future, but I still enjoyed it. I even took notes (since Mom claims she is a horrible note taker, although we all know she has her fancy little shorthand system as witnessed by her nervous tick).

So for all your stake relief society presidents who missed the training, give me a call. I can now train you to train ward relief society presidents.

Oh and for all of you who think the presidency is full of nice, quiet women who do what they are told, these ladies are nothing of the sort. Sister Beck, the president, was very impressive and definitely CEO material. Sister Allred seemed like the sweet one of the bunch. My favorite was Sister Thompson. She knew how to crack a good joke, and even asked if her mic pack made her look fat.



So, did it?

3 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Dang, I wish I had you to train me when I was RS president. I really needed guidance. Now you are doomed for the call.

amelia said...

Ha, I hope some church members read this and pass along that you need the calling, since you're all trained by the professionals!

Andreas V said...

I've actually met the little hispanic lady. Which one is she again ? She was pretty funny. At one point, she unknowingly started speaking Spanish, and then finally realized she was supposed to speak English. I thought she was really cool, until I went up to say hello. She acted kind of strange. I think she was tired and wanted to get home. She had just arrived from Salt Lake after Hinckley's funeral.