Thursday, April 17, 2008

life aquatic

Yes, it's happened again. My basement is under water. Well, now it's under towels, but you get the point.



(look for the water line on the carpet)

I was up late last night dealing with the mess of my basement. Kelly got home and noticed a big puddle in the laundry/furnace room. We frantically mopped it up and thought everything was over and done with. I went to bed and kept hearing water noises. Not sure how to describe said noises, but they were water noises nonetheless. So I roll out of bed and check on the laundry/furnace room. Yep, you guess it. It's covered with water.

Since it was well after midnight at this point, I decide my landlord won't be calling back soon so I should do something about the problem. I trekked out in the cold backyard, and found that the automatic sprinklers were still running. I then found the control box and shut them off. After mopping up the second mess, I went to bed. Luckily I woke up the next morning and there was no new water.

Our maintenance guy should be here soon to try and figure out how to fix everything.



UPDATE: I was right, those darn sprinklers were flooding the house. Apparently the pipe underneath the front porch was totally busted. Todd the Maintenance Man should be back later this week to fix it.

Luckily we still had those carpet fans on hand since our last aquatic adventure.

5 comments:

Batman Forever said...

I hope it doesn't stink up the house.

Leigh said...

oh it is stinky. And I think I'm allergic to this mold or something. My eyes are all itchy are starting to swell a bit.

Andreas V said...

That's so lame. That reminds me of all the bad landlords I've had in the past. The one Ana and I had in Boston was particularly lame. He could care less about helping us.

Cichelli said...

Um, you aren't supposed to start running sprinklers until May. Don't you know we live in a desert? And it's still snowing. Serves you right.

You're right, we need to get together asap. I just hired a nanny so getting together should be easier now...

amelia said...

That poor basement! You guys have had your fair share of flooding for a lifestime.