Wednesday, April 9, 2008

q & a



Watch me bumble through my words asking a dumb question to new General Young Women's President Elaine S. Dalton. It's a little more than halfway through, and I'm the first question in the Q & A segment.

In other conference related news, I got to meet the new apostle, Elder D. Todd Christofferson. I wrote the story about his call and spent much of the day Saturday doing research on him. Just after a press conference Saturday afternoon, he came out and shook hands with everyone in the audience. I was lucky enough to meet him. The next day, I also met Sister Dalton and her first counselor, Sister Cook.

Meeting general authorities is one of the reasons I volunteer to cover conference for the paper. I don't know how I would ever get to meet these folks without working.

7 comments:

Batman Forever said...

You were fine. Just seemed a little nervous. Good question though.

Brandon and Becca said...

I thought you did great. It is still crazy to me that you get to do news conferences and stuff.

Lisa/Scott said...

I liked it...you looked great. Loved the hair and the Jacket and glasses...you're so professional and grown up! You made me smile at my computer screen!
I loved conference. That's awesome that you get to have face to face contact with such positive influences in the world today.

mom said...

I need to get to Betsy's to catch your interview, the sound doesn't work on our computer. We had a great time with you for conference, though. There was a message ion our phone from John's cousin, Margie. She had caught your interview and called to congratulate. You certainly get to do exciting things!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You look great. I love conference. Remember when we covered it together and got yelled at by that guy? So crazy. Good times in the media box! I begged to cover it a second time and got denied.

Andreas V said...

You're so cool Leigh! It's fun to have a famous sister!

amelia said...

Can I fast forward to you? (The PR guy is putting me to sleep!) What mark are you at?