Wednesday, April 30, 2008

fore

After months away from the greens, I finally hit up the golf course again on Monday. I was a bit nervous to go, since I haven't swung a club since my shoulder surgery.

I eased into it, and went to the driving range first. Then, after hitting a big bucket of balls, my friend Meg called and wanted to play a round. It was a gorgeous day, and who could turn down nine holes?



Now, I'm a novice. I judge my game whether I get one par in the whole day. And I did, the first hole! It was a nice start. I actually had a decent round for me.

But now I'm paying for all that new activity with lots of soreness in the shoulder. I guess it comes with the territory. I think the more I golf the better it will get.

6 comments:

amelia said...

OH NO! NOT THE SHOULDER!! BE CAREFUL!

Lisa/Scott said...

Hang in there...the recovery feels like a lifetime, but it gets better. When I tore my ACL it felt like a year before I could use without worrying about pain or soreness, but after a complete recovery my knee actually performed better after the injury than before.

Batman Forever said...

Love how you changed the name of this post to the correct spelling.

Andreas V said...

Sweet shorts!

Caprene said...

i'm glad you fixed the spelling of fore - i didn't want to say anything, i thought you'd figure it out

Cichelli said...

You're much better at golf than me. We're not going.