Friday, February 1, 2008

burnin' down the house

I was just trying to follow doctor's orders.

The doc told me to heat up a rice bag and put it on my eye every hour. Sounds simple. So I put the bag in the microwave in our basement, then ran upstairs to grab something. Apparently the timer was on for a lot longer than I thought, because when I got downstairs smoke was pouring out of the microwave.

I managed to run the thing outside, and tossed the burned rice bag into the trash. But the smoke didn't want to leave.

I now have every window and door open in the house, and have a fan running. I'm considering a run to the grocery store to buy some Febreeze. I already took a shower and started washing all clothes and blankets that came in contact with the smoke.

This sucks.

Any ideas on how to get this nasty smell out of my basement?

5 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Nope. You're screwed.

Leigh said...

so far I've used nearly 2 bottles of Febreeze. It seems like it's getting better in here.

Cichelli said...

Ben comes home tonight so we can go out any night Sunday-Thursday. Let me know what day works best for you and your busy social calendar. And if your nasty eye disease has cleared up.

WendyL said...

Leigh...I've heard that a good, butter-loaded bag of microwave popcorn'll do the trick. If ya ask me, I don't think it'll work...but think of the English women in the 18th Century who hung garlic cloves from their neck...might help to disguise other not-very-pleasant smells.

Joe said...

So this is what you're doing instead of coming to work on a Saturday? Arson? Really, Leigh, you shouldn't do that.