Sunday, February 24, 2008

destiny

I've found my true calling in life. Yes, I'm moving to Vegas to be a lounge singer. Move over Barry Manilow!



We had a birthday party for my friend Meg at Julianne's house last night. They have a sweet karaoke setup, complete with a stage with wireless mics and a flat screen with the lyrics looking back at you.

We kept on singing for more than five hours. My voice was completely shot by the end of the night (but luckily I was able to sing at choir today). Usually I'm a bit more reserved, but I broke loose and even started head banging while singing. OH YEAH!



The boys didn't get up much. I wonder why! But us girls had a blast.



We even had great fans:



Meg rocked it out with the new version of waving your lighter -- the illuminated cell phone.

My personal favorites of the night: first, Phatty singing "I Touch Myself," and then finding Sean Bunker alone in the karaoke room singing Sisqo's "Thong Song." CLASSIC!



Now I understand why the Japanese love karaoke so much.

7 comments:

Batman Forever said...

I want a karaoke stage in my new house. Looks like you had fun.

Andreas V said...

What's up with singing "I touch myself" at a singles activity?????

Brandon and Becca said...

We should do karaoke next time you are up here. My parents have a wireless mic. Not quite as cool as your multi-mic set up, but it could be fun.

Leigh said...

amos, it wasn't a church activity. here in Utah, LDS singles actually hang out at non-church-sponsored events!

Lisa/Scott said...

I used to be a bigtime karaoke fan. I even had my own amateur karaoke machine and mic with tons of songs on it at home. I sold it when I had a kid so that I could buy other stuff.

Leigh said...

Lisa, I seem to remember all of us girls doing a little karaoke in the hallway at UVSC. I'm thinking Shania? Don't you remember?

amelia said...

...someone was singing "The Thong Song"...alone...wow.