Wednesday, February 27, 2008

p-h-y-l-a-c-t-e-r-y

Definition: a Jewish ritual box
In a sentence: "Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian."



I went to the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee tonight with some of my friends. It was a laugh a minute, with the biggest laughs coming when the "vice principle" said the word in a sentence.

Cystitis
Definition: an inflammation of the urinary bladder
In a sentence: "Sally's mother told her that it was her cystitis that made her special."

Now if only I had a magic foot like William Barfee, then I wouldn't have any spelling errors in my articles.

3 comments:

Batman Forever said...

I'm jealous. I want to go.

Lisa/Scott said...

lol. Love the sentence. At least her mom told her she was special.

Cichelli said...

I'm taking Ben to see this on Sunday, the matinee. I really am hoping he likes it... He's much too cool for broadway shows, but I keep trying. As long as I like it!