Sunday, February 3, 2008

r.i.p

Rest in peace, Harley girl.



We had to put Harley down Saturday night. Now, Harley technically isn't my dog. But since I've sorta been adopted by Debi and Gary, Harley therefore is mine.

I lived with Debi and Gary in Spanish Fork one summer when Harley was just a pup. That was back in 2003. Since then she has never forgotten me. Even if we'd spent months apart she acted like I'd only been gone a few days. Every time I walked in to the house, she was so excited to see me, and immediately wanted to play.

Harley was such a good-natured dog. She was so sweet and kind, and even let the little kids poke and prod her without fighting back. She was loyal, obedient, and a nice pillow to lay on.



She was too young to die, but her health had failed her most of her life. We just couldn't bear watch her suffer any more. Being in that room with her when they put her down was one of the hardest things I've ever had to see.

I love you Harley girl.

2 comments:

Batman Forever said...

She sure was a sweet dog. We'll miss you Harley.

mom said...

Poor Gary, we will miss Harley