Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the weekend

I had quite the weekend. Despite working BOTH days, I still managed to escape to Logan and Saratoga Springs and have a ton of fun with my amazing friends.

Friday night I went up to Logan with my friend, Meg, to the Utah State athletic hall of fame banquet. I know what you're thinking. No, I'm not an Aggie fan now. Meg's grandpa used to be the athletic director there, so we drove her grandma up so she could visit with old friends.



I had to get up early the next day to work. Luckily, the newsroom is pretty empty on Saturdays. I even laid down on my cubicle floor to do my stretches (notice the pink stick -- I killed our fake pink flamingo to have a stick to stretch with).



After work I booked it down south to Saratoga Springs. Caprene's family always throws a big party for Chinese New Year. We enjoyed yummy Chinese food (salad, wontons, lo mein ... seriously, a LOT of food) and competed in an all night mah jong tournament.

I didn't do so well at mah jong. I always thought it was just a matching game on the computer. Apparently I was wrong. It's a complicated game, but it was really fun.





Oh and we were rebellious and put on tattoos to celebrate the holiday.


2 comments:

Batman Forever said...

You have a very busy social calender. By the way, you posted this twice.

Cichelli said...

What's wrong with tattoos?

Your bangs are darling. You look so pretty! Now that the herpes cleared up in your eye, can we please go see Atonement?