Saturday, February 16, 2008

reunited

... and it feels so good.



I went out to lunch today with my girls from the UVSC days. We're talking 1999-2001. I haven't seen Paula and Lisa in years. It was so fun to catch up, and it was like no time had passed at all. They both have little girls now, and Lisa has a boy on the way.

So in honor of our reunion, I bring you pictures and memories from our days in Happy Valley.

This was our spot, right outside the computer lab. You could always find one of our friends camped out there. That's Lisa to my left in the first picture. I also have fond memories of people watching in the hall of flags with Paula.



It seemed like most every weekend you would find us at a dance at the LDS Institute. Most were just casual, but on occasion we gussied up. Other dances required costumes, and we were always up for that. One dance we all got different colored T-shirts and decorated with tape. Yes, tape. We were the cutest ones at the dance I tell ya.



Lisa and I spent a lot of time at the Institute together as well, with leadership meeting once a week at the crack of dawn as well as our regular religion class.



I met Paula in a computer technology in education course. It was the craziest class I've ever taken. Let's just say we didn't learn much, but we had a lot of fun. We hit it off, and I remember going to a lot of BYU soccer games with her after that.

We had a lot of good times. (The following is the only picture with just the three of us posing together. Problem is, that guy ran in and ruined the adorable pic. Check out my shoe in the bottom left corner, that's all you'll get of me).



I'm glad we're all back in touch! Love ya girls!

7 comments:

Brandon and Becca said...

Wow you look young in the UVSC pics. It doesn't seem that long ago.

Paula-Adam said...

Leigh, you are the best! It was so glad to get together with you again. It truly felt like I've been in touch with you this whole time too. Anyway, for sure let's go golfing...call me!

Lisa/Scott said...

YEAH BABY! It was great to see you again. I owe you a meal! I still need to send you some pics I have...

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I love that -- so crazy. Those pics are awesome. So retro!

Cathy said...

Hey Leigh! Ok, I'm in one of those pictures and I'm glad to say that i'ts not that bad. Paula has one of me during our UVSC days that she could use for some serious blackmail. Well, I loved this post! I added you to my friend's list so I can keep checking your blog. I love it!

Andreas V said...

How do you come up with such good blog entry titles? You are funny.

Leigh said...

well amy, I am a writer after all :)