Wednesday, February 13, 2008

democracy in action

I've been spending most of my time here the past month:



The Utah State Legislature is in session until March 5. This is the first year legislators have been back at work at the "people's house" in four years. The building is gorgeous both inside and out. Check out this pic I took of just one section of the rotunda:



I'm having a lot of fun covering all the action up here. It's been really busy, and I'm not getting much sleep, but I'm loving it.

**UPDATE: A few hours after writing this post, I returned home and immediately crawled in bed for a "nap." I slept for four hours. And now it's nearly midnight and I think I can go for another eight.

** UPDATE: SUCCESS! Eight full hours. Boo yeah.

1 comments:

amelia said...

I still need to go check the new capitol out...how fun to not be working in all the temporary buildings.